Commonwealth Broadband Forum 2014
Over 130 delegates from Commonwealth countries took part in the inaugural Commonwealth Broadband Forum 2014 in Kenya, Nairobi from 18 – 20 November 2014. The event was organised by the Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation and hosted by the Communications Authority of Kenya.
In his official welcome address Professor Unwin emphasised the importance of broadband and how we should all be working to ensure that the poorest and most marginalised groups are not excluded and are able to grasp the opportunities provided by new technologies.
“Broadband connectivity should not only be used for economic growth but should also be used as a driver for social justice and effective governance”, Professor Unwin also said.
- Mobile broadband technologies: 4G and LTE
- Broadband access and infrastructure aiding development
- Cloud computing for emerging markets
- Broadband applications Innovation and VAS
- Inclusion and innovation – Beyond Broadband: The rise of the tech cities
- Financing broadband in Africa
- Strengthening broadband Public Private Partnerships to accelerate investment projects
This year’s event was hosted by: