Human Resources for ICT 2014
ICT human resource executives from 20 Commonwealth countries including Bangladesh, Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Trinidad and Tobago and United Kingdom met in Mumbai, India for the Commonwealth Human Resources for ICT 2014 conference on the 3-4 November.
Held annually, the Mumbai conference provided an opportunity for delegates to discuss advances in technology and their impact on skills for the industry.
- network developments and new applications
- current trends in HR management in ICTs
- developing abilities and the role of HR
- best practices in recruitment and selection.
Delegates at this year’s event recognised the importance, reach and agility offered by online social networks in sourcing local and international talent, and they developed a framework for integrating the use of social networks in their organisations.
The conference was followed by the annual meeting of Liaison Officers of the Programme for Development & Training (PDT), the CTO’s main ICT capacity development programme, where they elected a new management committee to oversee and guide the development of future programmes.
Elected regional representatives elected on the new PDT management committee are as follows:
- Asia: Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission
- Caribbean: Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago
- East Africa: Communications Authority of Kenya
- Southern Africa: Swaziland Posts and Telecommunications Corporation
- West and Central Africa: Vodafone Ghana
- Offering Partners: Telecommunications Regulatory Board of Cameroon
This year’s event was hosted by:
Please click on any photo for a to see it in full size.
Additional pictures are available by visiting the CTO Flickr page.