Commonwealth ICT Investment Forum
20% increase in ICT investments will expand the GDP of a country by 1 percent -Global Connectivity Index (GCI) 2016.
It is clearly evident that the need for major investment in next generation networks, technologies and innovative services is growing and will continue to grow. A growing number of governments, international organizations and ICT stakeholders are presenting and advocating initiatives, strategies and programmes in relation to connecting the next 1.5 billion people.
ICT Invest 17 will explore ICT Investment opportunities in Growing Markets calls for new muti-stakeholder partnerships, synergy and more importantly ICT Investments to unleash the potential of ICT ‘s in the Commonwealth & beyond.
This event will bring together ICT & Finance Ministers, ICT &Finance Regulators, Telecom Operators, Investment Bankers, Lawyers, Consultants, Infrastructure & Technology providers, International bodies and Investment promotion agencies
- ICTs for socio-economic development
- National development plans and the role of ICTs
- Financing by multilateral donors and development banks
- Role of commercial lenders in financing ICTs
- Leveraging investment funds to finance ICTs
- Role of venture capital
- Creating innovative financing packages