Organisations to which CTO belongs
The Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO) believes strongly in working together collaboratively in partnership with other international organisations to help achieve shared objectives for our members in delivering effective and sustainable ICT for development initiatives. Across the world, there is far too much duplication of effort and insufficient learning from the mistakes that have all too frequently been made in implementing such initiatives, and by working closely together with cognate bodies the CTO seeks to ensure that our members can draw on the latest information and examples of good practices that we can help implement together.
The CTO also has much to contribute to other initiatives, through its diverse membership including government ministries, regulators, private sector companies, international bodies, and civil society organisations. Our three operational divisions, delivering high quality research, capacity development and events, provide excellent vehicles through which we can help deliver the aspirations of the international organisations of which we are a member.
The CTO is therefore delighted to be a member of the following organisations and initiatives.
Oganisations of which the CTO is a member
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) responsible for developing international standards that act as defining elements in the global infrastructure of ICTs.
- Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D), whose remit is to foster international cooperation and solidarity in the delivery of technical assistance and in the creation, development and improvement of telecommunication/ICT equipment and networks in developing countries
- Alliance for Affordable Internet
Organisations on whose Advisory Boards the CTO is represented
- ITU’s m-Powering Development Advisory Board (Chair of m-learning working group)
- Advisory Council, Alliance for Affordable Internet
- International Multilateral Partnership Against Cyber Threats (IMPACT) International Advisory Board
- DFID’s Digital Advisory Panel