In each of our niche areas, the CTO provides a regularly updated list of the key literature that we believe is of the most importance for people working in the field.
- Cornish, P., Livingstone, D., Clemente, D., and Yorke, C. (2011) Cyber Security and the UK’s Critical National Infrastructure, Chatham House.
- CSIS. (2011) Cybersecurity and Cyberwarfare, Washington: Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS)
- CSIS. (2010) A Human Capital Crisis in Cybersecurity, Washington: Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS)
- Euopean Union (2013) Cybersecurity Strategy of the European Union: an open, safe and secure cyberspace – JOIN (2013) 1 final, Brussels: European Commission
- Euopean Union (2013) Proposed Directive for network & info security in EU, Brussels: European Commission
- Fosigrid (2013), Celebrate Digital Africa!, Infographic fact sheet highlighting key statistics and online safety initiatives.
- Gercke, M., (2011) Understanding Cybercrime: A Guide for Developing Countries, ITU
- ITU (2009) Cybersecurity: The Role and Responsibilities of an Effective Regulator, Geneva: ITU
- ITU (2007) Cybersecurity guide for developing countries, Geneva: ITU
- Microsoft (2010) Cybersecurity for open government: Security planning in the era of transparency, A Microsoft U.S. Government white paper, Microsoft
- Suter, M., (2007) A Generic National Framework For Critical Information Infrastructure Protection (CIIP), ITU
- Wamala, F. (2011) ITU Cybersecurity Strategy Guide, ITU
- Zinnbauer, D. (2012) False Dawn, Window Dressing or Taking Integrity to the Next Level? Governments Using ICTs for Integrity and Accountability – Some Thoughts on an Emerging Research and Advocacy Agenda, Discussion paper, Transparency International
Toolkits and manuals:
- ITU (2009) ITU National Cybersecurity/CIIP Self-Assessment Tool, Geneva: ITU
- Klimburg, A. (ed.) (2012) National Cybersecurity Framework Manual, Tallinn: NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence
- NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence (2013) The Tallinn Manual on the International Law Applicable to Cyber Warfare, Cambridge: CUP for NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence
- Council of Europe (2009) Cybercrime training for judges and prosecutors: a concept, France: Council of Europe