Business Development and Management
Course Code: BU91
This course defines e-governance, i.e. its concept, its core principles, and its justification for an organisation. It covers the components of e-governance and its best practices, as well as successes and challenges, through case studies. Participants will gain a good understanding of human, technological and process requirements to develop and implement an e-governance programme in an organisation, from design to implementation and control.
- E-governance: concepts, principles and constructs
- Components of e-governance
- Case studies: best practices, success stories and challenges faced
- E-governance strategy
- Specific governance issues for e-governance and effective strategic measures
- Performance metrics and performance management
- Planning and managing an e-governance programme
- Measuring and managing resistance and obstacles
- Causes of e-governance failure.
Senior and middle managers and decision makers in any organisation willing to be aware of the benefits and risks of e-governance and how e-governance works.
This course can be organised on request. To receive further information or to request this course to be organised for your organisation, please use the booking form below.