Strategic Plan 2016 - 2020
Strategic Plan 2016 – 2020
With the expiry of the previous Strategic Plan in 2016, the CTO Council decided to embark on the development of a new Strategic Plan which would transform the organisation and created added value for its members. The existing Strategic Plan will expire in 2016, hence the CTO decided to embark on a new Strategic Plan for the period 2016-2020 based on the Vision Statement and Outline of a Strategic Plan prepared by the new CTO Secretary-General and presented to the CTO Council Meeting in September 2015. The new Strategic Plan is based on this Outline Statement, comments received from CTO members, as well as the services of an external consultant engaged by the organisation. The theme of the new Strategic Plan is Transforming the CTO for Enhanced Value for its Membership.
A trusted partner for sustainable development for all through ICTs.
To provide result-focused ICT leadership in the Commonwealth and beyond.
The new Plan is structured around 6 strategic goals, as follows:
- Enhance the value of the CTO membership and expand the CTO’s membership base, including through Member Action Plans which define clear programmes and activities for each member.
- Promote enabling regulatory environments in key areas such as licensing, spectrum management, quality of service and over-the-top operators.
- Promote affordable universal and high-quality broadband connectivity via enabling policies and regulatory measures that facilitate the rapid rollout of broadband infrastructure.
- Promote a culture of cybersecurity and effective cyber governance through the establishment of cybersecurity frameworks, standards and guidelines.
- Promote the development and use of ICT applications for socio-economic development e.g. e-governance, e-health, e-education and e-agriculture, among others.
- Ensure effective coordination of Commonwealth countries at international ICT conferences and meetings.